Moving into a new house can be quite exciting. It can also be a time of uncertainty as it takes a lot of effort to make a new house feel like home. Decorating a new house is not just about filling it with furniture. It’s about carefully choosing furniture pieces that reflect your personal sense of style. When you decorate a new home, you start from scratch and this gives the perfect opportunity to make your house wow-worthy from the very beginning. However, if you are wondering where should you begin from, fret not as we are here to help. We’ve rounded up the best bits of home decor advice that would make decorating a new home a beautiful journey.
Here are some tips to get started with decorating your new home:
1) Don’t rush to buy furniture: Well, this advice may sound counterintuitive but it is practical. First, make a floor plan and based on that make a list of all the items that you need and what the items you want. Also, rushing to a furniture shop without measurements in hand can cost you dearly later on. Also, having a flood plan will help you decide the kind of furniture you want to purchase. For instance, you may want to purchase a sectional sofa but it may make your small living room look more cramped. So, be armed with a notepad and a pen when taking measurements.
2) Choose a good furniture brand: Furniture pieces are not something that you buy every day. Thus, buy them from a brand that can be relied on to make quality products. If you looking for a furniture shop in Brunei, then Court Pioneer is among the respected brands. It offers best quality furniture at an affordable price range. Furniture pieces at Court Pioneer are locally made keeping Bruneian taste in mind. The wooden furniture that it offers is stylish as well as durable.
3) Start with the big-ticket items first: Go room-wise and start with big-ticket furniture items. Big furniture items help you to create a focal point around which you can decorate other items. In the living room, either your television unit can be the focal point or the sofa set. The rest of the furniture in the living room can be arranged in a way that it facilitates conversation. Similarly, in the bedroom, the bed can be the focal point and you can create an intimate setting around it.
4) Invest in double-duty furniture items: There will be times when you will be hosting family and friends and you may have to create some extra room for them. In such a situation, double-duty furniture items like sofa-cum-bed can come handy. A sofa-cum-bed is the perfect solution if you don’t have a guest bedroom. Ottomans or cushioned stools with storage are great for stashing small things in the living room.
5) Give your house a cohesive look: While shopping make sure you select furniture items that will give your house a cohesive look. You can buy furniture with different finishes but you can achieve a cohesive look by tying everything together with furnishings like throw blanket and cushions. Using similar colours around can help you unify the look of your house. Look for accessories that look complement each other.
If you looking for high-quality furniture in Brunei, drop by our store. For store locations, click here.